In spite of doing pretty much everything you are not supposed to just prior to a long run I finished this event in reasonable shape. Once again I am impressed how the body adapts to this kind of stress and these days I am looking at a marathon like I would a 75 mile bike ride back in the summer. Hard but by no means impossible and okay to do even if you are not fresh.
The Loop The lake Marathon was put on by The Balanced Athlete and it's a great, low-key event that had about 60+ people running the same loop I have ridden on my bicycle countless times. We started in Renton at the store and went clockwise around the south half of Lake WA. Good people and good times.
What did I do that you are not supposed to do? Here you go.
- I went for a depleting run two days ago meaning I was not exactly rested. And by 'not rested' I mean I was tired.
- Not intentionally, I got very little sleep last night.
- I had a bit of wine last night. Three glasses maybe?
- I have not been stretching and my massage therapist called in sick yesterday... boy was I counting on that massage prior to this run. :(
- I got a brand new pair of shoes and socks yesterday and decided impulsively to wear them today. Throwing caution to the wind.