I got to the gym this morning for my 'new' routine of ancillary leg exercises, a little bit of upper body and some good old abs and back.
At lunch I went down to the IMA to ride a stationary bicycle and discovered a new and really fun piece of equipment! The have these Expresso bikes in the cardio room and they have a ton of cool features.
- You can create an account which lets you track your workouts/PRs/etc.
- You can share your workouts and PRs on various social networks by linking your accounts.
- You can compete against other people either in real-time or by riding against their 'ghost' from a previous workout.
- Unlike most gym exercise bikes these machines have a reasonable saddle, toe clips, adjustable saddle height and adjustable fore/aft position.
- You can shift 'gears' and steer the bike.
- There is a pretty good visual display so you can see the road, other racers and the pixilated scenery.
- The courses have loads of twists and turns and ups and downs.
Of course I didn't figure out the whole personal account thing until I was done so rode today as a guest and did not store any data. :(
On the way home I missed my second bus so since it was a beautiful night I decided to test my ankle and walk home. It felt a little thick when I got home but no pain.
I did see some cool stuff on the my walk home. I encountered a massively affectionate cat.
I saw a couple of incredibly cool American cars.
And I saw a house with a castle-like tower.
|Body Weight||12:00 PM - 179 lb.|
|Time of Day||weights - 5:15 AM|
trainer - 12:00 PM
walk - 6:00 PM
|Time||trainer - 29 min|
walk - 35 min
|Distance||trainer - 7.8 miles|
walk - 1.7 miles