27 January 2011

training-core | commute | spinning | Seattle Multisport

6 (maybe...) Time
of Day
gym – 5:30 AM
spinning – 12:00 PM
trainer – 6:00 PM
7:15 AM - 182
12:00 PM - 182
Distance commute – 12 miles Power interval #1 – 279 watts
interval #2 - 270+ watts
Time Total Speed  
Breakfast 6:45 AM - smoothie
Lunch 11:00 AM – chocolate
1:30 PM – smoothie
2:00 PM - Stonewall's Jerquee, pretzels, water, orange, lots of nuts
Workout Food gym - water
trainer – shot of gel, nuun
Therapy 3:30 PM - chiropractic
Workout Type intervals, 2x20
Weather mid 40s to low 50s, cloudy, dry
ball leg lifts 3x20 each leg
roan chair knee lifts 3x40
cable cross-overs 2x15 – 15 lb
cable punches 2x15 – 15 lb
push-ups 2x20
spinning - IMA
trainer - Seattle Multisport
Equipment commute - Town Bike
trainer - Rain Bike

Hit the hay at 9:30, up at 3. Not good. So what do I plan for today? Tons of exercising.

At the gym I wanted to mix it up so did some cable work. Kinda fun but also not so helpful I'm thinking... It just felt easy and I wanted to get out of there.

At lunch I went spinning and noticed I was still REALLY tired. We did some hard efforts (30 seconds all out, etc.) and kept the resistance on more than usual (we had a substitute instructor) and we went a few minutes longer than usual. By the end of class I was not able to go when told to do so. :(

Riding to my Chiropractor I felt totally gassed and was just twiddling along on my bike. Climbing up Capitol Hill after my appointment felt no different.

I started my first interval at Seattle Multisport at a threshold setting of 310 watts, we were doing the intervals at 90 percent of threshold so this meant my load was 279 watts. I almost chose 300 but at the last second upped it to 310 thinking 300 was ridiculous.

I made it but it was not easy to keep my cadence up/my speed over 24 mph while in the 50x14. So when we started the second interval I lowered my threshold to 300 watts which is a load of 270 watts.

At first even this seemed kind of hard but I stuck it out. With five minutes to go I was not keeling over so I upped the threshold by 10 watts and managed to do that every minute so did the last minute at 350 watts which is an actual load of 315 watts.

At the end Greg turns to me and said, "Where did that come from?" My response was that I probably did not go hard enough and so still had some gas in the tank but in retrospect I should have just spun easy or bagged this workout altogether as I was not able to go hard all day.

Obviously I am still learning to listen to my body and today I was wearing earplugs. Say hello to garbage miles. When I got home all I could do was shove some food in my mouth and rinse off and get in bed.

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts